You attended Tony Robbins’ famous Unleash the Power Within Event. You’re on fire …Now what?
Without a doubt, Unleash the Power Within is a phenomenal experience. It can be a powerful catalyst for change. It gives you a glimpse into what can be if you make it happen. It’s energizing. It’s motivating. For some, it’s life changing and for some it’s just plain fun. But whatever feelings, goals, or shift Unleash the Power Within elicited, the value of the experience doesn’t have to stop after the event. You can harness that energy, that new mindset or those new goals and carry that forward.
You will surely be encouraged (many times I’m guessing) to enroll into Tony Robbins’ Coaching program and for good reasons. Personal coaching can not only help you get clear on where you want to go or what’s preventing you from getting there, but a personal coach can also zero in with you on the specific strategies to get there and provide you the accountability you need to stay motivated to implement those systems and habits. Personal coaching a powerful tool to support you on your journey. That’s precisely where I started my own career as an executive coach and I have nothing but great things to say about it. But if you choose to pass on that offer, there are other steps you can take to build on your experience and use it as a springboard to creating the life you want.
1. Anchor the experience
The first step to creating any change is awareness. One of the primary ways you experience this at a UPW event is to write things down. Continue to use a daily journal, morning pages or other means to gain awareness of the thoughts in your mind, using the power of questions.
- Journal some power questions: for example in the morning to get ready for the day, “What are my outcomes for the day? What is preventing me from achieving them? How can I overcome these obstacles? What will my life be like when I achieve them?”
- When you feel lost or uncertain: “What is the purpose of my life? What gives my life meaning? How can I connect to that purpose today?”
- If you have negative emotions, “What am I feeling now? What is that feeling trying to tell me? What is there to learn from these negative emotions so I can let them go?”
2. Continue to manage your physiological state.
Reprogramming your body to “feel” different feelings of empowerment, excitement, joy, fun, creativity is important! To do so, engage daily in the things you did at Unleash the Power Within.
- Do your power move everyday, multiple times if necessary.
- Be aware of your body posture, move more (get a standing desk), mirror on the wall to “check your state”.
- Work on better health and nutrition, it is hard to have energy if you keep eating unhealthy foods that bring your state down. Small changes are the best.
- Keep listening to “power music” you listened to at the event. Nothing brings back power like, singing “Life will never be the same again” .
3. Nurture your new mindset by tapping into a positive community
Keep positive connections with people you can relate to and create that new “power community” with people who speak the same positive language!
- Join an online Tony Robbins Facebook or Linkedin group.
- Find a current or former Tony Robbins Personal Results Coach to stay invested in your future goals and life.
- If you aren’t a joiner, create your own group and lead it, no better way to stay engaged then to teach the materials. (only do this with people who are open to it, don’t push it onto people who aren’t open to it)
4. Build on the momentum you have
Be a lifelong learner, never underestimate the power of immersion!
- Nothing helps information stick in your conscious and unconscious mind then repetition, Review your UPW notes daily, weekly, monthly until you can memorize them by heart. This will continue to anchor in the new thoughts, ideas and concepts.
- Invest the time to continue to learn from Tony Robbins’ materials. Buy Tony’s books, borrow them from the library, use audible, anything to continue to master the psychology of success and learn. Tony has to many materials, books, CDs, videos, immerse yourself in his work.
- Invest in other Self Help Masters like Zig Ziglar, Earl Nightingale, Jim Rohn, John Maxwell, etc. They carry the same messages with different approaches to continue anchoring in the concepts.
- If you want to go deeper into the science of “how” Tony teaches from stage, look into studying or certifications in the science of Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) developed by Richard Bandler.
- If you really want to take you life to the next level, find a coach who has been with Tony AND has at least the Master Practitioner Certification in NLP.
5. Take Action!
Don’t just have a goal. Don’t just have a plan. EXECUTE your plan. Everyone has great ideas. What separates those who are successful from those who aren’t, is just a matter of execution. Taking action is a MUST in order to achieve ANYTHING in life.
- So take massive actions, yes, but also take small actions. Take any action that you can to move towards your goal everyday.
- All of it matters. The idea of taking massive action always gets the glory, but it’s actually the small wins that create momentum and build on one another. Focus on getting points on the board. Even if they’re small points. Be relentless in your forward movement.
- If you hit a wall or the actions you are taking are not moving you toward your goals, consider finding a great coach to help you overcome the negative emotions preventing your success. Whether you go with Tony Robbins’ Coaching team or an independent personal coach, the right person can help you push past the resistance or obstacles in your way.
People go to Tony Robbins’ Unleash the Power Within seminar for many different reasons, but ultimately it always boils down to wanting to make some sort of change in their lives. Once there, there is an undeniable energy that fuels your motivation to take action to upgrade your life in small and big ways. You feel empowered and unstoppable. But once you are out of that environment, it can be hard to sustain the motivation you felt during UPW and it’s easy to slip back into your old habits. “Hard” doesn’t mean impossible. And “easy” doesn’t mean inevitable. Taking a few steps can help you build on the experience and make it count.