Everyone loves a great movie and once in a while, a movie comes along that has the right amount of action, character development, intrigue and a REAL MESSAGE in it.
The Matrix trilogy is 100% based in the psychology of personal responsibility, choice, and the belief that we create our reality. Here are some great lines from the movie that all contain a messages of empowerment, personal choice and our ability to create the life that we desire.
- It is a good idea to keep in mind that everything you know could be wrong.
- In life, there isn’t just one matrix, there are many. Meaningless work, TV and corrosive relationships just to name three. How many of them “have” you?
- Even a hero can get scared, drop his phones off the side of a building and give up. He just doesn’t let it end that way.
- Sometimes everything hangs by a single decision: red pill or blue pill. But often that critical choice isn’t always so obvious. It could come at any time. It could be right now.
- What are you waiting for? You’re faster than this. Don’t think you are…know you are. Come on! Stop trying to hit me and hit me!
- You have to let it all go, Neo: Fear, Doubt, Disbelief. Free…your…mind.
- When it comes to leaping from skyscraper to skyscraper, everyone falls the first time. It doesn’t mean anything.
- I have these memories from my life. None of them happened. What does that mean? That the Matrix can not tell you who you are.
- Sorry kid. You’ve got the gift. But it looks like you are waiting for something.
- There’s a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.
- I didn’t come here to tell you how it is going to end. I came here to tell you how it’s going to begin. I’m going to hang up this phone and then I’m going to show these people what you don’t want them to see. I’m going to show them a world without you: a world without controls, without borders or boundaries, a world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is up to you.
So, what are your favorite movie lines? How about, “Oh Captain, my Captain!” (Dead Poet’s Society) “Freedom!” (Braveheart) and one of my all time favorites, “Be the ball!” (Caddyshack). I would love to hear yours!
Until next time!
Like what you’ve read? Subscribe to get future issues delivered straight to you and receive my special report “5 Steps to Break Through Overwhelm” as a bonus!