It is that time of the year when every self-help email talks about setting goals. One thing that I have always found ironic is that everyone talks about the importance of setting goals.
Yet, 88% of people fail at their yearly goals!!!
So I have a question; why don’t people stop telling you how important it is to write goals and start writing about strategies to help you Succeed in achieving them! It seems to me that is where people really need help! Why should I write articles to convince you to do something where 88% of you will fail?
Stop the “Setting Goals” Insanity right now!
So, let’s be thoughtful for a moment. It is important to have a goal but let’s take a look at some strategies to overcome the obstacles you put in place when you set them!
Let’s start with a couple of simple concepts. Hopefully you will find one you can try on to succeed!
Take the goal that you want and then do one of the following:
- Give something up. What is the one thing that is you gave it up, would ensure that you move closer to your goal? Example: if you are working to be more healthy, give up the soda!
- Replace what you give up with a healthier example so there isn’t scarcity. Example, when you give up the soda, start to drink bubbly water instead. No citric acid, sugar or aspartame, but you can still have the feeling of ice cold carbonation.
- Focus on keeping your word one-day-at-a-time. Your self-confidence depends upon it! Your word should be sacred! So only make promises to yourself you know you can keep!
- Create Ultimate Leverage for Yourself by telling so many people about your goals that you know where ever you go and whomever you see, they will ask you about it. You may not be congruent at first, but you eventually will have to act in accordance with your key identity and if your word means anything, you will have to adjust and make it happen!
- Celebrate! When it comes to change, nothing is too small to celebrate! If you don’t anchor in your success with good feelings there will be no good feelings with your success.
- If you really want to be an overachiever, radically do something different and follow the top four steps! For example, give up an extra hour of sleep every day to work out, write that book, read that educational material for work.
- LISTEN TO THIS: if you want your life to be different this year…YOU MUST DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT IN YOUR LIFE EVERYDAY AND ANCHOR PLEASURE TO IT!
I challenge you to sober up! Take a good look at where you were in 2012, where you are now in January of 2013 and where you want to be at the beginning of 2014.
Are you fat? Are you broke? Are you miserable with the person you are with? Is your job sucking the life out of you? Are you disgusted with the person you see in the mirror every morning? Are you tired of giving up on yourself and having the life you desire? Did you look back on 2012 with disappointment, grab a beverage to forget it and start the New Year the same as last; wishing something would change again but nothing did?
If so, I offer you a way out this year. Again, it’s not about setting goals, it’s about using effective strategies to achieve those goals! Call now to schedule a life changing Strategy Session to do something different for a change. You don’t deserve to have a life of pain, depression and complacency. It’s time to create a brighter future and evolve to your next level of success. Call now to begin your new life: (919) 792-0085 or (919) 745-7569.